Namaqua Quest | 3 Day Trail Running Stage Race
INDULGE IN NATURE’S MOST MAGICAL DISPLAY
OF COLOUR AND BEAUTY
When: 23 – 25 August 2018
Where: Springbok, Namaqualand
Race Village: Jakkalswater Guest Farm
What: South Africa’s most colourful 3 day trail running stage race
Entries: Limited to 150 runners
ENTRY OPTIONS & COSTS
- Please note that NO REFUNDS of entry fees will be done after 28 February 2018.
- Cancellations before 28 February 2018 will be subject to a 15% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions will be allowed until Friday, 04 August 2018.
- The full amount must be paid within 48 hours after entering.
3 Day Stage Race – R3 350 per person
3 Day running excluding accommodation and meals but including Saturday prize-giving lunch. Includes goodie bag, event garment and medals to all finishers.
Single Day Run: 16km – R280 (including prize-giving braai)
Additional (optional) packages and merchandise
- Meals Package (8 scrumptious, true Namaqualand meals) – R1040 per person (the meal package can also be booked for family and supporters)
- Extra prize giving braai for family and friends – R120 per person
- Camping at race village for 4 nights with your own tent – R400 per person (NOT per tent)
- Budget dome tent – R1000 per person for 4 nights (no sharing is required. Each person will receive his/her own tent and mattress)
- Luxury tent for 4 nights with two single beds, all linen, own shower and toilet, 2 chairs, bedside table, dressing table, clothing hanger and a power point – R5950 per tent for two people. The luxury tents have to be booked with Rush Adventures directly. Only 30 luxury tents are available. To book, contact Rush Adventures directly at 011-9633049 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Namaqua Quest Jacket – To Be Confirmed
REGISTRATIONS, RACE BRIEFING AND START TIMES
- Registration will be from 17h00 to 20h00 on Wednesday, 22 Augustus.
- No registrations on race morning.
- Race and stage briefing at 19h00 every evening at dinner as well as on the morning before the stage start.
- Compulsory gear check will be 30 minutes before the start of each stage.
Studies show that massages increases recovery and improves performance in multi-stage events (and it feels great!) so you will be in good, experienced hands for your daily “fix”.
Please book directly with Calson Massage Clinic:
Cell : 082 785 7623
30 minute Therapy Session
3 treatments (Day 1,2, & 3) @ R700 total
2 treatments ( whichever of the 3 days) @ R500 total
1 treatment (whichever of the 3 days) @ R250 total
45 minute Therapy Session
3 treatments (Day 1,2, & 3) @ R910 total
2 treatments ( whichever of the 3 days) @ R640 total
1 treatment (whichever of the 3 days) @ R320 total
60 minute Therapy Session
3 treatments (Day 1,2, & 3) @ R1150 total
2 treatments ( whichever of the 3 days) @ R800 total
1 treatment (whichever of the 3 days) @ R400 total
- Waterproof jacket
- “Wind proof” shell
- Space blanket
- Cell phone with the emergency number (082 579 7595) saved on it
- 2 litres of water
- Mini first aid kit – Strap, elastic bandage, anti-cramp tablets, anti-histamine, wound dressing, disinfectant.
You must carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s telephone number, Medical insurance number, emergency telephone number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person.
Rain/cold weather – You will NOT be allowed to go out onto the trails without any of this if the weather is foul. We will make that decision on the morning of the run – ensure you have it available!
“Water proof” rain jacket [Please note that a “wind proof” shell is NOT necessarily a “Rain proof” jacket, although a rain jacket is wind proof…] PLEASE make sure you understand the difference between the 2 garments – test it! We will have no hesitation turning you away if you have the incorrect foul weather gear.
Other useful items (not compulsory):
Sunblock, sun glasses, small camera, positive attitude and a sense of humour.
Day 1: Toringberg – 25km (start is at 07:00am)
Day 2: Goegap Nature Reserve – 29km (start is at 07:30am)
Day 3: Jakkalswater – 16 km (start is at 08:00am)
The routes for each day have been designed so that they offer runners great trails, spectacular scenery and beautiful flowers.
As with any good trail, there will be a mix of everything… tough climbs, fast downhills, a few technical sections, sand and absolutely beautiful scenery!
- Prize giving lunch/braai is included in all entry options
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will only be served to those who have chosen the meal package.
- Extra meal packages and prize giving lunches (for family and friends) can be booked and paid for with your online entry.
- Meals will be the typical, finger licking good, generous servings of food that Namaqualand is just as famous for as it’s flowers!
- If you choose the camping option only, you have to bring your own tent, mattresses, pillows, camping gear, etc.
- There are only a few central power points for charging cellphones, GPS devices, etc.
- No items with elements are allowed (kettle, stove, hair drier etc)
- Clean ablution facilities
- No caravans will be allowed because of space limitations. Camping trailers are allowed.
- Extra tented accommodation can be booked for family & friends at R1000 per person for the 4 nights (that person will get his/her own tent and a mattress)
- Camping only (where you supply your own tent) at R400 per person for 4 nights. Again, camping for additional people can be booked with your entry.
Those who are not keen on the camping option can book
their own accommodation at one of the numerous guesthouses and hotels in and around Springbok. Just keep in mind that it is peak flower season so
accommodation will be limited and expensive so book well in advance!
Open Men, Open Women, 40+ Men, 40+ Women, 50+ Men, 50+ Women
There will be a total of 2 water stations per day placed at strategic points along the route each day.
SAFETY / MEDICAL
- Comprehensive EMS will be present at the event
- A full medical team will be present at the start of each day to ensure every athlete is fit enough to take part.
- The same medical staff will also be present at the finish of each stage to ensure assistance for any athletes in need.
- Safety and route briefings will be held before the start of each stage.
Each stage race participant will receive an event specific goodie bag including an even t-shirt