Namaqua Quest | 3 Day Trail Running Stage Race
INDULGE IN NATURE’S MOST MAGICAL DISPLAY
OF COLOUR AND BEAUTY
The Namaqua Quest 3 day Trail Run and Mountain Bike events takes place in the famous Namaqualand, Northern Cape, South Africa. Namaqualand is known for flower covered valleys, rugged mountains, ancient canyons carved by the hands of time and plains with grazing Gemsbok, Zebra and Springbok. Experience natures’ magical show of colour and beauty during the world’s largest and most spectacular natural flower show in beginning September in Namaqualand, Northern Cape.
You will cycle or run in 3 different areas over the 3 days, over private property, game reserves and communal farms. Day 1 will be amongst the Copper mountains, covered with flowers and along the copper trail outside the small town of Okiep, a town rich in history on the copper mines. The next day you will cycle or run inside Goegap Nature Reserve where you will be able to see some Gemsbok, Springbok, Eland, Ostriches and other smaller antelopes. The last day you will cycle or run over a private farm just outside Springbok and experience the famous granite koppies (small hills) of Namaqualand with patches of various colour of flowers in between the koppies as if different colour of paints were dropped from the heavens.
The Race village is at the Springbok Inn Country hotel where we will have all our meals each evening with a slide show of the beauty and fun on the day’s run and bike. The vibe, food and hospitality of the Namaqua Quest trail run and MTB events are amazing as the whole town gets involved with the event in some way. Each day’s lunch will be included wherever you finish the event.
There are 2 distances to choose from at the Namaqua Quest events to make sure that everybody in the family can have FUN. The unique thing about the Namaqua Quest is that the Trail Run and the MTB events takes place over the same weekend, so if 1 person in the family don’t run, but cycle, both can have FUN over the same weekend, enjoy the race village and companionship of other riders and runners.
When: 3-5 September 2021
Where: Springbok, Namaqualand
Race Village: Springbok Inn Country Hotel, Voortrekker Street, Springbok
What: South Africa’s most colourful 3 day trail running stage race
EVENT LIMITED TO 200 ENTRIES ONLY – ENTRIES CLOSE 20 AUGUST 2021
ENTRY OPTIONS & COSTS
- Substitutions will be allowed until 15 August 2021.
- Payment plan available – One third deposit when entering and the rest in two installments.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL – first 50 entries qualify! EARLY BIRD ENTRIES SOLD OUT!
3 Day Stage Race – R3,850.00
3 Day Stage Race LITE – R3,300.00
Single Day Run – R400.00 (including prize-giving lunch)
NORMAL ENTRY FEES :
3 Day Stage Race – R4,100.00
3 Day Stage Race Lite – R3,500.00
Single Day Run – R440 (includes prize-giving lunch)
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
- Prize Giving Lunch
- Free beer and snack each day at Finish venue
- Event T Shirt and Buff
- Goodie bag
- Free coffee on race mornings
Additional (optional) packages and merchandise
- Meals Package (8 scrumptious, true Namaqualand meals) – R1400 per person (the meal package can also be booked for family and supporters)
- Extra prize giving lunch for family and friends – R130 per person
- Hotel Accommodation, double or twin – R3770.00 per room for duration of the event
REGISTRATIONS, RACE BRIEFING AND START TIMES
- Registration will be from 17h00 to 20h00 on Thursday, 2 September 2021.
- No registrations on race morning.
- Race and stage briefing at 19h00 every evening at dinner as well as on the morning before the stage start.
- Compulsory gear check will be 30 minutes before the start of each stage.
Studies show that massages increases recovery and improves performance in multi-stage events (and it feels great!) so you will be in good, experienced hands for your daily “fix”.
Motion Me is a bespoke Physiotherapy practice in Springbok in the Northern Cape, passionate about patient care and are excited to assist with the Namaqua Quest. They will be supplying sports massages, strapping and ice & heat packs in order for participants to reach their maximum performance.
Cost : R200 for 30min
Bookings can be done as follows :
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : 0847908167
- Waterproof jacket
- “Wind proof” shell
- Space blanket
- Cell phone with the emergency number (082 579 7595) saved on it
- 2 litres of water
- Mini first aid kit – Strap, elastic bandage, anti-cramp tablets, anti-histamine, wound dressing, disinfectant.
You must carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s telephone number, Medical insurance number, emergency telephone number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person.
Rain/cold weather – You will NOT be allowed to go out onto the trails without any of this if the weather is foul. We will make that decision on the morning of the run – ensure you have it available!
“Water proof” rain jacket [Please note that a “wind proof” shell is NOT necessarily a “Rain proof” jacket, although a rain jacket is wind proof…] PLEASE make sure you understand the difference between the 2 garments – test it! We will have no hesitation turning you away if you have the incorrect foul weather gear.
Other useful items (not compulsory):
Sunblock, sun glasses, small camera, positive attitude and a sense of humour.
DAY 1 : COPPER MOUNTAIN (Okiep Country Hotel) 08h15
Full : 25km -675m elevation gain
Lite : 14km – 392m elevation gain
DAY 2 : GOEGAP NATURE RESERVE (Goegap) 07h30
Full : 31km – 748m elevation gain
Lite : 10km – 269m elevation gain
DAY 3 : LAMMERHOEK (Springbok Inn Country Hotel) 08h15
Full : 24km – 429m elevation gain
Lite : 12km – 236m elevation gain
Please note : At the discretion of Event Organiser and Route Director, routes can be changed at any time due to Covid Regulations or for safety reason.
There will be a total of 2 water stations per day placed at strategic points along the route each day.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will only be served to those who have chosen the meal package.
- Extra meal packages and prize giving lunches (for family and friends) can be booked and paid for with your online entry.
- Meals will be the typical, finger licking good, generous servings of food that Namaqualand is just as famous for as it’s flowers!
Meal Package will include :
Friday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Sunday – Breakfast and Lunch
Race Village at Springbok Inn Country Hotel, has the following available :
R3 770.00 per room for duration of the event.
Rooms available :
Twin Rooms (two single beds)
Double Rooms (double bed)
Family Rooms (double bed and two single beds in one room)
R2 000.00 per chalet for duration of the event.
Max 2 people per chalet.
SAFETY / MEDICAL
- Comprehensive EMS will be present at the event
- A full medical team will be present at the start of each day to ensure every athlete is fit enough to take part.
- The same medical staff will also be present at the finish of each stage to ensure assistance for any athletes in need.
- Safety and route briefings will be held before the start of each stage.
Each stage race participant will receive an event specific goodie bag including an even t-shirt
Open Men, Open Women, 40+ Men, 40+ Women, 50+ Men, 50+ Women
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- No substitutions will be accepted after 15 August 2021. Substitution fee of R 300.00.
- No refunds of your deposit paid or entry fees unless we have to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case your entry will be transferable.
- Please note that only fully paid entries received by 15 August 2020 will receive the complimentary event apparel.
- Entries are not transferable.
- NO EXCEPTIONS (INCLUDING MEDICAL).
This event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of Safety, Act of Nature or by any reason out of our control. In this event, entry fees are NOT refundable, but will be transferable to a next event.