Namaqua Quest | 3 Day Mountain Bike Stage Race
INDULGE IN NATURE’S MOST MAGICAL DISPLAY OF COLOUR AND BEAUTY
When: 6-8 September 2019
Where: Springbok, Namaqualand
Race Village: Springbok Inn Country Hotel, Voortrekker Road, Springbok
What: South Africa’s most colourful 3 day MTB stage race
ENTRY OPTIONS & COSTS
- Please note that NO REFUNDS of entry fees will be done after 28 February 2019.
- Cancellations before 28 February 2019 will be subject to a 15% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions will be allowed until 15 August 2019.
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
- Prize Giving Lunch
- Free beer at registration
- Event T Shirt
- Branded event memento
- Goodie bag
- Free coffee on race mornings
Entry Fee: 3 Day Stage Race – R2800.00 VAT Excl.
Entry Fee: 3 Day Stage Race LITE – R2500.00 VAT Excl.
Entry Fee : 2 Day Stage Race – R1900 VAT Excl.
Single Day Race: (Sunday) – R300 VAT Excl.
Payment Plan available until 28 February 2019 : Pay 30% when entering online and the rest anytime before 31 August 2019. No refund of the deposit will be done.
Same cancellation rules apply as stated above.
Additional (optional) packages and merchandise
- Meals Package (8 meals) – R1200 (VAT Excl.) per person (the meal package can also be booked for family and supporters)
- Extra prize giving lunch for family and friends – R200 (VAT Excl.) per person
- Camping at race village for 3 nights with your own tent – R510 (VAT Excl.) per campsite – 4 people max.
- Hotel Accommodation at race village (twin or double) – R2850 (VAT Excl.) per room for 3 nights – 2 people max.
- Registration will be from 16h00 to 20h00 on Thursday, 5 September 2019.
- No registrations on race morning.
- Race and stage briefing at 19h00 every evening at dinner as well as on the morning before the stage start.
- Compulsory gear check will be 15 minutes before the start of each stage.
With all package options we will wait for you & your bike in the Tech Support zone (within the race village) and we will return it to the bike park once serviced & tested, ready for the next stage. Which ever package you select, we will charge for parts & stock at our standard shop rates.
Labour charges are elevated to help cover the costs of travel and setting up mobile shop.
We have two options:
1. Std package. R 1 000,00 per rider
– Minor service after Stage 1 & Stage 2.
(Wash bike, set gears and brakes plus lube after each stage.)
= Full bolt torque check, overview of all main bearings (bb, hubs, pivots)
= Sealant levels, brake pad wear, drive train and drop out checked after each stage.
(Labour for any of above that needs work will be extra)
– All other labour additional
– Spares at standard shop rates
2. Full package. R 1 500,00 per rider
– Full service after each stage (1 & 2)
= Any labour that might be required will be inclusive in this package.
– No additional labour charges (unless outsourced to suppliers)
– Spares at standard shop rates
– Finish excluded (Optional extra, must be pre-arranged)
TRANSPORT AVAILABLE FROM CAPE TOWN
Transfer for rider plus their bike: R2000
- This includes the following:
- Collection of rider & bike at Cape Town International Airport
- Assembly of upon arrival in Springbok
- Packing of bike back into bike bag/box after the finish of event
- Return trip from Springbok to Cape Town international airport.
Transfer for just a bike: R750
(We transport the bikes in a secure enclosed trailer, no need to disassemble of box your bike)
- Collection of bike from Cape Town
- Transport to event
- Return delivery to Cape Town
Group discounts are available.
PRE-BOOK : Francois
Open Men, Open Women, 40+ Men, 40+ Women, 50+ Men, 50+ Women
Each stage race participant will receive an event specific goodie bag including an even t-shirt
Studies show that massages increases recovery and improves performance in multi-stage events (and it feels great!) so you will be in good, experienced hands for your daily “fix”.
Motion Me is a bespoke Physiotherapy practice in Springbok in the Northern Cape, passionate about patient care and are excited to assist with the Namaqua Quest. They will be supplying sports massages, strapping and ice & heat packs in order for participants to reach their maximum performance.
Cost : R200 for 30min
Bookings can be done as follows :
Email : email@example.com
Call : 0847908167
SAFETY / MEDICAL
- Comprehensive EMS will be present at the event
- A full medical team will be present at the start of each day to ensure every athlete is fit enough to take part.
- The same medical staff will also be present at the finish of each stage to ensure assistance for any athletes in need.
- Safety and route briefings will be held before the start of each stage.
There will be a total of 3 water stations per day placed at strategic points along the route each day.
Two distances to choose from : MTB Full and Lite.
DAY 1 LAMMERHOEK ROUTE
Full : 63km – 929m elevation gain
Lite : 35km – 429m elevation gain
DAY 2 GOEGAP NATURE RESERVE
Full : 54km – 1101m elevation gain
Lite : 24km – 363m elevation gain
DAY 3 COPPER MOUNTAIN
Full : 52km – 696m elevation gain
Lite : 25km – 231m elevation gain
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will only be served to those who have chosen the meal package.
- Extra meal packages and prize giving lunches (for family and friends) can be booked and paid for with your online entry.
- Meals will be the typical, finger licking good, generous servings of food that Namaqualand is just as famous for as it’s flowers!
Meal Package will include :
Friday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Sunday – Breakfast and Lunch
Race Village at Springbok Inn Country Hotel, has the following available :
R2 850.00 VAT Excl. per room for duration of the event.
Rooms available :
Twin Rooms (two single beds)
Double Rooms (double bed)
Family Rooms (double bed and two single beds in one room)
R510 VAT Excl. per campsite for duration of the event.
Max 4 people per campsite.
- Waterproof jacket
- “Wind proof” shell
- Space blanket
- Cell phone with the emergency number (082 579 7595) saved on it
- 2 litres of water
- Mini first aid kit – Strap, elastic bandage, anti-cramp tablets, anti-histamine, wound dressing, disinfectant.
You must carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s telephone number, Medical insurance number, emergency telephone number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person.
Rain/cold weather – You will NOT be allowed to go out onto the trails without any of this if the weather is foul. We will make that decision on the morning of the run – ensure you have it available!
“Water proof” rain jacket [Please note that a “wind proof” shell is NOT necessarily a “Rain proof” jacket, although a rain jacket is wind proof…] PLEASE make sure you understand the difference between the 2 garments – test it! We will have no hesitation turning you away if you have the incorrect foul weather gear.
Other useful items (not compulsory):
Sunblock, sun glasses, small camera, positive attitude and a sense of humour.