Namaqua Quest | 3 Day Mountain Bike Stage Race
INDULGE IN NATURE’S MOST MAGICAL DISPLAY OF COLOUR AND BEAUTY
When: 28-30 August 2020
Where: Springbok, Namaqualand
Race Village: Springbok Inn Country Hotel, Voortrekker Road, Springbok
What: South Africa’s most colourful 3 day MTB stage race
EVENT LIMITED TO 300 ENTRIES ONLY
ENTRY OPTIONS & COSTS
- Please note that NO REFUNDS of entry fees will be done after 28 February 2020.
- Cancellations before 28 February 2020 will be subject to a 15% cancellation fee.
- Substitutions will be allowed until 15 August 2020.
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
- Prize Giving Lunch
- Free beer and snack each day at Finish venue.
- Event T Shirt and buff
- Goodie bag
- Free coffee on race mornings
Entry Fee: 3 Day Stage Race – R3500.00
Entry Fee: 3 Day Stage Race Sport – R3000.00
Single Day Race: (Sunday) – R400.00
Payment Plan – Pay 30% when entering online and the rest anytime before 1 July 2020. No refund of the deposit will be done.
Same cancellation rules apply as stated above.
Additional (optional) packages and merchandise
- Meals Package (8 meals) – R1200 per person (the meal package can also be booked for family and supporters)
- Extra prize giving lunch for family and friends – R130 per person
- Camping at race village for 3 nights with your own tent – R500 per campsite – 4 people max.
- Hotel Accommodation at race village (twin or double) – R3770 per room for 3 nights – 2 people max.
REGISTRATIONS, RACE BRIEFING AND START TIMES
- Registration will be from 16h00 to 20h00 on Thursday, 27 August 2020.
- No registrations on race morning.
- Race and stage briefing at 19h00 every evening at dinner as well as on the morning before the stage start.
- Compulsory gear check will be 15 minutes before the start of each stage.
BIKE SERVICE AND SUPPORT – Manic Cycles
With all package options we will wait for you & your bike in the Tech Support zone (within the race village) and we will return it to the bike park once serviced & tested, ready for the next stage. Which ever package you select, we will charge for parts & stock at our standard shop rates.
Labour charges are elevated to help cover the costs of travel and setting up mobile shop.
We have two options:
1. Std package. R 1 000,00 per rider
– Minor service after Stage 1 & Stage 2.
(Wash bike, set gears and brakes plus lube after each stage.)
= Full bolt torque check, overview of all main bearings (bb, hubs, pivots)
= Sealant levels, brake pad wear, drive train and drop out checked after each stage.
(Labour for any of above that needs work will be extra)
– All other labour additional
– Spares at standard shop rates
2. Full package. R 1 500,00 per rider
– Full service after each stage (1 & 2)
= Any labour that might be required will be inclusive in this package.
– No additional labour charges (unless outsourced to suppliers)
– Spares at standard shop rates
– Finish excluded (Optional extra, must be pre-arranged)
TRANSPORT AVAILABLE FROM CAPE TOWN
Transfer for rider plus their bike: R2000
- This includes the following:
- Collection of rider & bike at Cape Town International Airport
- Assembly of upon arrival in Springbok
- Packing of bike back into bike bag/box after the finish of event
- Return trip from Springbok to Cape Town international airport.
Transfer for just a bike: R750
(We transport the bikes in a secure enclosed trailer, no need to disassemble of box your bike)
- Collection of bike from Cape Town
- Transport to event
- Return delivery to Cape Town
Group discounts are available.
PRE-BOOK : Francois
Open Men, Open Women, 40+ Men, 40+ Women, 50+ Men, 50+ Women
Each stage race participant will receive an event specific goodie bag including an even t-shirt
Studies show that massages increases recovery and improves performance in multi-stage events (and it feels great!) so you will be in good, experienced hands for your daily “fix”.
Motion Me is a bespoke Physiotherapy practice in Springbok in the Northern Cape, passionate about patient care and are excited to assist with the Namaqua Quest. They will be supplying sports massages, strapping and ice & heat packs in order for participants to reach their maximum performance.
Cost : R210 for 30min
Bookings can be done as follows :
Email : email@example.com
Call : 0847908167
There will be a total of 3 water stations per day placed at strategic points along the route each day.
SAFETY / MEDICAL
- Comprehensive EMS will be present at the event
- A full medical team will be present at the start of each day to ensure every athlete is fit enough to take part.
- The same medical staff will also be present at the finish of each stage to ensure assistance for any athletes in need.
- Safety and route briefings will be held before the start of each stage.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- No substitutions will be accepted after 15 August 2020. Substitution fee of R 300.00.
- No refunds of your deposit paid or entry fees unless we have to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. In this case your entry will be transferable.
- Please note that only fully paid entries received by 15 August 2020 will receive the complimentary event apparel.
- Entries are not transferable.
- NO EXCEPTIONS (INCLUDING MEDICAL).
This event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of Safety, Act of Nature or by any reason out of our control. In this event, entry fees are NOT refundable, but will be transferable to a next event.
Two distances to choose from : MTB Full and Lite.
DAY 1 COPPER MOUNTAIN
Full : 67km – 696m elevation gain
Sport : 35km – 231m elevation gain
DAY 2 GOEGAP NATURE RESERVE
Full : 55km – 1101m elevation gain
Sport : 25km – 363m elevation gain
DAY 3 LAMMERHOEK ROUTE
Full : 53km – 929m elevation gain
Sport : 30km – 429m elevation gain
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will only be served to those who have chosen the meal package.
- Extra meal packages and prize giving lunches (for family and friends) can be booked and paid for with your online entry.
- Meals will be the typical, finger licking good, generous servings of food that Namaqualand is just as famous for as it’s flowers!
Meal Package will include :
Friday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Sunday – Breakfast and Lunch
Race Village at Springbok Inn Country Hotel, has the following available :
R3 770.00. per room for duration of the event.
Rooms available :
Twin Rooms (two single beds)
Double Rooms (double bed)
Family Rooms (double bed and two single beds in one room)
R500 per campsite for duration of the event.
Max 4 people per campsite.
- Waterproof jacket
- “Wind proof” shell
- Space blanket
- Cell phone with the emergency number (082 579 7595) saved on it
- 2 litres of water
- Mini first aid kit – Strap, elastic bandage, anti-cramp tablets, anti-histamine, wound dressing, disinfectant.
You must carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s telephone number, Medical insurance number, emergency telephone number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person.
Rain/cold weather – You will NOT be allowed to go out onto the trails without any of this if the weather is foul. We will make that decision on the morning of the run – ensure you have it available!
“Water proof” rain jacket [Please note that a “wind proof” shell is NOT necessarily a “Rain proof” jacket, although a rain jacket is wind proof…] PLEASE make sure you understand the difference between the 2 garments – test it! We will have no hesitation turning you away if you have the incorrect foul weather gear.
Other useful items (not compulsory):
Sunblock, sun glasses, small camera, positive attitude and a sense of humour.